We are excited to say that, from 28 July, the club is inviting you to book a slot to play on Tuesday or Wednesday evenings throughout the Summer.
Here are the new rules of play, based on advice from Badminton England as well as advice from your committee. It’s essential you familiarise yourself and adhere to them whenever you attend:
- You cannot just show up – you must book a slot to play (look out for emails from Linda) and it’s first come, first served. The cost is £2 per session and money must be transferred at the end of the summer to avoid any cash exchanging hands. Please note if you are allocated a slot but do not show up you will still be charged.
- You’ll be assigned to a group of 6 (max) players who you will play singles matches with, on the same court, for the evening. You must not leave this group to play in another. You will be given an optional handicap to use and the group will have a tube of shuttles to use for the evening.
- Doubles is permitted if the pair is from the same household. You’ll need to tell us you’d like to play doubles on the forms that will be sent out by Linda.
- In front of the service line is “OUT” so there must be no net play (see diagram below).
- There is no access to the balcony or changing rooms (but you can use the toilets). Where possible we ask you to wait and socialise outside or sit on the benches between games (continuing to respect social distancing).
- Please do not bring bags into the hall. Just bring you racket, drink (labelled if necessary) and hand sanitiser. The club will have some in case anyone forgets.
- Each evening there will be a COVID officer (a member of the committee) who will open all doors, where possible, and wipe down surfaces, net posts, benches etc. at the start and end of the evening – try to avoid touching these surfaces if you can.
Playable areas are those shown in red. You must avoid going into the white areas which are considered “out” for the foreseeable: